What We Can Do for You
Chiropractors deal with injuries and problems to do with bones, muscles, tendons and nerves. Most chiropractic patients suffer from back pain, neck pain and recurring and long-standing headaches. However, chiropractors also treat conditions as varied as tendonitis in the shoulder; tennis elbow; repetitive strain injuries including carpal tunnel syndrome (CTS), knee injuries, and the pain associated with osteoarthritis in the knee; jaw pain associated with movement disorders of the joint of the jaw (TMJ dysfunction); and foot pain related to the collapse of the arch of the foot.
At our clinic, the treatment is tailored to suit your condition. The techniques that are used, the frequency of the visits, the combination of treatments and the advice that is given all depend on your condition and, as much as possible, your preference. For example, if you have a recent injury to your back and you are in a lot of pain and your spine is found to be inflamed, then you are likely to be treated with gentle chiropractic techniques for a few visits and advised to rest and use an ice-pack at home to settle the condition in the first instance. If the pain continues, then stronger techniques of joint manipulation may be used together with appropriate exercises that you may do at home or at the gym to help your recovery.
We devise your treatments from the following techniques:
- Chiropractic joint manipulation techniques – Diversified; Gonstead; Thompson drop-piece; Activator; Biomechanical Blocking
- Myotherapy/Massage techniques – Therapeutic massage; trigger point therapy; vibration; cross-friction massage; PNF (Proprioceptive Neural Facilitation, a form of practitioner-assisted stretching)
- Exercise techniques – Stretching exercise; Strengthening exercise; Rehabilitative exercises
- Physical therapeutics – Ice packs; heat packs; Ultrasound therapy; Braces and supports
- Other measures – Advice on posture, ergonomics and lifestyle
- Concession rates apply to pensioners, students and Health Care Card holders.
- Most health insurance funds cover chiropractic consultations under “extras cover”. We also provide a HICAPS facility so that your health claim can be processed electronically on the spot. The gap can be paid in cash, or by credit card or EFTPOS.
- We are Medibank Private Members Choice Preferred Providers. Discounted rates apply for Medibank members. But we also accept patients from all health insurance companies.
- Medicare pays for 5 chiropractic visits a year for treatment of patients with chronic conditions and complex care, when referred by your GP.
- WorkSafe and TAC cover chiropractic services and do not need medical referral.
- DVA patients are covered and need medical referral.